Supporting The Prince’s Trust
We continue our commitment to providing work placements for The Prince’s Trust and its ‘Get into Construction’ programme. This time we hosted James and Lee, both who wished to gain further knowledge & experience in the industry.
James spent his two weeks placement shadowing our site team at Kylna Court, whilst Lee, who showed an interest in bricklaying, gained experience with the bricklayers at Charles St, Luton.
Over a 6-week period, the ‘Get into Construction’ programme offers young people the chance to:
- Gain a CSCS card,
- Gain valuable on the job work experience,
- Learn practical skills such as dry lining, brickwork, carpentry, plumbing and electrical installation,
- Learn about careers and prospects within the construction industry,
- Learn teamwork, improve communication skills, and boost confidence, interview skills and CVs at the same time, and
- Receive 6 months’ support after the programme to help you get into employment, education or training.
Following the completion of the programme, a celebration event was held in Luton where James and Lee received certificates, recognising what they had achieved